Interior Design as Career
Designing homes has now become profession now. Interior Designers make the interior space beautiful, safe and unique from their ideas. In this article we will tell you everything about this field, from Interior Designer salary in India, work, career growth, etc. Design homes and make people happy, this is the main task of the designers.
Duties of Interior Designer:
- Determine client’s needs and project requirements.
- Search for new projects.
- Design the space and also see how people can move freely in the space.
- Specify materials and furnishing which has to be done.
- Create a deadline for every project.
- Look at the construction, and make changes if needed.
- Visit the site daily for seeing the progress of the work.
Designers work closely with contractors, architects, laborers, mechanical engineers and many other people. They first design a 3D image of the home and then get it approved from the clients. Many designers only work for specific type of buildings like hospitals, hotels, homes, government buildings, cafes & Restaurants, etc.
Education – You can become Interior Designer by doing a degree or a course from recognized university. There are many diploma courses also available which will teach you the basics and some advanced lessons of Interior designing. You can join these courses after 12th. You can do internships also in Interior Designing firms, which will give you an idea about the field.
Top jobs of Interior Designing are:
- Architect/ Interior Designer – They are the head designers, who handle all the major works. They approve the designs and meet with the clients for new projects. Any issue if happens the client first reaches to them only.
- Assistant Interior Designer – They must be self motivated, as they have to work under someone for few years. You can become assistant by just taking 1 year of experience of this field.
Salary – The salary at the early stages may be low, but as you gain experience and grow than you an expect salary above 30k. The Interior designer salary in India is decided by the experience they hold. It changes from time to time.
The interior designing field is growing day by day specially in India. Interior designer salary in India is given by seeing the skills of the person. If you love decorating homes and making others happy, than go for this field. Make sure you are good at drawing sketches of homes.